ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme
What is the ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme?
The ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme is independently audited by a third party who are accredited under JAS-ANZ to International Standards ISO/IEC Guide 17065.
The ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme can help improve on-farm efficiency and ensure farmers produce healthier livestock, and therefore be more profitable. Food safety, traceability and quality assurance drives our ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme to help our farmers manage and achieve the approved high standards through checking of farms, identifying animal health issues and record keeping.
The ANZCO Farm QA Programme covers the following four main areas:
1. Food safety – food products must be free from dangers arising from biological, chemical and physical hazards
2. Animal welfare – livestock are expected to have been raised in farming systems allowing the five freedoms
- Freedom from thirst, hunger and malnutrition
- The provision of appropriate comfort and shade
- The prevention and/or rapid diagnosis and treatment of injury, disease or infection
- Freedom from distress
- The opportunity to display normal patterns of behaviour
3. Environmental sustainability – livestock are expected to be raised in farm systems which are sustainable
4. Traceability – livestock must be able to be traced from the retail outlet right back through all stages of their lives to birth
For more information, please contact one of our Livestock Representatives.
The ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme is independently audited by AsureQuality.
For more details on AsureQuality, view their website AssureQuality.